Champagne A. Bergère

30th March 2014

Champagne A. Bergère

The Bergère family have been growing grapes and crafting Champagne for 3 generations. André Bergère currently runs the House with his wife Brigitte and their two children Annaëlle and Adrien who are increasingly involved. The family owns vines  in the villages of Fèrebrianges, Etoges and Congy. The grapes for their Grand Cru champagnes come from the famous Grand Cru village of Avize.

Champagne A. Bergère Cuvée Brut Nature

This Champagne has no sugar added at the end of production. It is pure with lemony freshness on the nose and the first sip is zippy, with mouth- watering, citrus, freshness. This is a delight for those of you who like very fresh, very dry, clean and refreshing Champagnes. It has a mouthwatering long finish.

This Champagne is 100% Chardonnay. Aged for more than 3 years on the lees

Champagne A. Bergère Grand Cru Blancs de Blancs

With its lovely, lemony aromas and hints of brioche, toast and butter this is the sort of champagne you’ll  enjoy sniffing over and over again. It gets even better when you take a sip, with soft ‘sherbety’ lemon hits and toasty and bready notes that last and last.

This Champagne is 100% Chardonnay with grapes entirely from the Grand Cru village of Avize. It has a dosage of 7g/l. It  is aged on its ‘lees’ for  approximately 4 years.

Champagne A. Bergère Cuvée Réserve

The Réserve is a rich with red fruit notes and toastiness. It’s very clean and refreshing on the finish. The team consensus is a Champagne that is elegant and invigorating.

The Cuvée Réserve is mostly pinot based with 80% being a blend of Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier. The remaining 20% is Chardonnay.

The dosage is approximately 9g/l of sugar. It is aged on its ‘lees’ for at least 3 years.

Glass of Bubbly

Executive editor of news content for the website Please enjoy the articles that we share - We hope you find our love for Champagne & Sparkling Wines both interesting and educational.