7 Nights of Horror – Night 3 – Friday The 13th
26th October 2020
Welcome to this new spooky series, where we choose a film and create a fitting Cocktail to go alongside, I’ll give you a little history into each film and the know-how to create a delicious Cocktail.
Friday The 13th
There are twelve films that feature the hockey mask killer, although he doesn’t wear the mask until Friday the 13th Part III, it is his most memorable feature.
The now famous killer, Jason Voorhees has been played by 12 different actors through the 12 films which feature him.
The first film released on the 1st of January 1980 (Friday the 13th) and the currently last film released on the 12th of February 2009 (Friday the 13th)
- Friday the 13th (1980)
- Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)
- Friday the 13th Part III (1982)
- Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984)
- Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning (1985)
- Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986)
- Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood 1988)
- Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989)
- Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (1993)
- Jason X (2001)
- Freddy vs. Jason (2003)
- Friday the 13th (2009)
Other than all the merchandise, Friday The 13th also has its own Video Game that released on the 26th of May 2017 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC
The Sparkling Wine
Montelvini has been around for 135 years, owned by the Serena family, the current owner, Armando Serena has been President of Montelvini since 1968, located in a small region in Montello in Italy, the Serena family has dedicated themselves to producing wine with skill and passion.
Montelvini – Asolo Prosecco Superiore DOCG Brut Collezione Serenitatis Tasting Notes
Aroma – “Ripe green, candy like fruits on the aroma.”
Flavour – “Subtle creamy green fruit flavours.”
This Prosecco won a Gold Medal in the Light & Fruity Category at The World’s Finest Glass of Bubbly Awards 2018.
Pothecary Gin was created by two friends Martin Jennings and Lukasz Dwornik who wanted to create organic and handcrafted gin, they produce exciting gins that are well-balanced and refreshingly individual.
Aroma – “Juniper berries.”
Taste – “Herbal and floral with a hint of lemon peel.”
Friday The 13th Cocktail
- Sparkling Wine
- Gin 10mls
- Blue food colouring
How To Make This Friday The 13th Cocktail
- Check to make sure Jason isn’t around, then grab yourself a glass.
- Drop in 5 raspberries and crush them gently at the bottom of your glass.
- Pour in 10mls of Gin (Pothecary)
- Tilt your glass and pour in your Sparkling Wine slowly, this is to keep as many of your raspberries at the bottom of the glass.
- Then drop in one drop of blue food colouring,
Aroma – “Raspberry and green apple aromas.”
Flavour – “Initially crisp sweetness raspberry expression then flows into a subtle dry creaminess, this is followed by the expressive Juniper/Lavender flavour from the bold character of Pothecary Gin.”
WSET 2 Journalist focused on sharing Champagne and Sparkling Wine reviews and cocktails to the world.