Christmas Movie Cocktails – A Christmas Carol
22nd December 2020
A Christmas Carol, the movie that teaches you about the joy of family, kindness and compassion, there have been multiple versions of the Christmas Carol, from the original, animated and even Bill Murry being taught the spirit of Christmas.
The Christmas Carol was published by famous English writer, Charles Dickens on the 19th of December 1843, the original titles was A Christmas Carol. In Prose. Being a Ghost Story of Christmas, the book was illustrated by John Leech, creating the images of its now iconic Christmas characters, Ebenezer Scrooge, Jacob Marley, Bob Cratchit, Tiny Tim and the three ghosts of Christmas.
A Christmas Carol – Did You Know?
1. The first A Christmas Carol movie was released in 1938, since then we’ve seen various different versions including, Scrooge, Scrooged, A Christmas Carol, The Muppet Christmas Carol, Mickey’s Christmas Carol and The Man Who Invented Christmas.
2. Charles Dickens took just six weeks to write A Christmas Carol in 1843, starting in October and finishing in November, A Christmas Carol was then available in shops on December 17th and sold out in just three days.
3. Charles Dickens published A Christmas Carol, as his last book didn’t sell to well, he couldn’t find a publisher who wanted A Christmas Carol, so he paid for the printing of the first edition himself, it cost him 5 shillings (about $30)
4. Charles Dickens was responsible for the popularisation of Merry Christmas, at the time he wrote A Christmas Carol, Happy Christmas was most common to say, but Dickens kept mentioning Merry Christmas in his book so much that it became popular after his book did the same.
5. The full name of this famous writer was Charles John Huffam Dickens and he went by the pen name of Boz, he was born on the 7th of February 1812 and died on the 9th of June 1870.
Enjoy A Glass of Bibich Brut This Christmas
Located in the beautiful country of Croatia, near the small village of Plastovo, close to the ancient town of Skradin, Bibich Winery has a lot to offer any wine lover, you can find out more here at Visit Croatia.
Bibich Winery – Brut Tasting Notes
Aroma – “Green fruits, cinnamon sticks and ginger aromas.”
Flavours – “Citrus and spices on the palate with green fruit zestiness.”
This Croatian Sparkling Wine Won a Silver Medal in the Forget Me Not Category at The World’s Finest Glass of Bubbly Awards 2020.
The Christmas Movie Cocktail
- Sparkling Wine
- Draught Stout Guinness
- Dark Rum
- Lime Juice
How To Make
- Pour in 20mls of Dark Rum
- 10mls of Lime Juice
- Then 80mls of Draught Stout Guinness.
- To finish, top up with Sparkling Wine
Aroma – “Stout and lime aromas.”
Flavours – “An initially dry taste that then fades into a sweetness from the stout with a little zestiness from the lime juice, you get subtle dark Rum notes and the sparkling wine blends into the mix perfectly complementing the Cocktail.”
Have A Merry Christmas
Champagne and Sparkling Wine Writer, Focused on Bringing the Exciting and Fascinating World of Bubbly to You.