Christmas Movie Cocktails – Santa Claus The Movie
18th December 2020
Santa Claus The Movie, released on November 27th, 1985 in the U.S and 2 days later on the 29th in the UK. It had a budget of $50 million but only made $23.7 million at the box office, it has since gained a cult following becoming a popular Christmas movie.
The movie has similarities to Elf in the way of an elf heading to New York, but after that their stories differ. Patch, the main elf from Santa Claus The Movie leaves the North Pole and hits the big streets of New York City, he then becomes mixed up with a dastardly toy tycoon’s plans to take over Christmas, the movie starts Dudley Moore as Patch, David Huddleston as Santa Claus and John Lithgow as B.Z.
Santa Claus The Movie – Did You Know?
1. Harrison Ford and Dustin Hoffman were both offered the role of B.Z. but both turned it down.
2. Freddie Mercury was in mind when the song ‘It’s Christmas All Over The World’ was written, but the legendary band QUEEN had already committed to the Highlander soundtrack instead.
3. Paul McCartney’s song ‘Once Upon a Long Ago’ that released in 1987 was originally written as a theme song for Santa Claus The Movie, but they never used it.
4. The main character Patch was originally called Ollie in the script, but Dudley Moore who played the character asked for it to be changed to Patch, after the nickname he gave his son Patrick.
Enjoy A Glass of Rebula This Christmas
Vinarstvo Rebula is located in Brstovica on the Western Karst Region, with roots dating back to the 1900s and Sparkling Wine production from 1982.
Vinarstvo Rebula – Penina Rosa Tasting Notes
Aroma – “Soft red berries with a hint of creaminess on the aroma.”
Flavours – “Stronger red fruit flavours of Cranberry and red berries.”
This Slovenian Sparkling Wine Won a Gold Medal in the Summer Days Category at The World’s Finest Glass of Bubbly Awards 2020.
The Christmas Movie Cocktail
- Rosé Sparkling Wine
- Lemon Juice
How To Make
These measurements are for a big glass, for a normal sized glass I would half the Vodka and Lemon Juice.
- Take a handful of strawberries and place them in a blender, pour in 50mls of water and half a tablespoon of sugar.
- Blend them together for a few seconds and then pour into your glass.
- Add in 80mls of Vodka.
- 1 tablespoon of Lemon Juice.
- Top up with Rosé Sparkling Wine.
- And add on a Candy cane.
Aroma – “Creamy strawberries.”
Flavours – “Smoothly like texture, an elegant fizz with a little nudge from the Vodka, strawberry flavours take the reins with a little zestiness from the lemon juice.”
Have A Merry Christmas
Champagne and Sparkling Wine Writer, Focused on Bringing the Exciting and Fascinating World of Bubbly to You.