Glass of Bubbly & Prosecco DOC – First live virtual event with producers
3rd July 2020
Without question, the amount of videos and live broadcasts circling within the wine industry has spiked since we’ve all been in lockdown and due mostly to the many, many events that have had to be cancelled or postponed due to COVID-19. This negative outbreak of a virus that has travelled globally means that many in the wine industry have had to get ‘innovative’ in communications and if we can take any positives from the situation is that we have had the chance to at least carry on meeting, tasting and experiencing all that is good about wine online.
I myself have watched several live broadcasts and taken part in live masterclasses including a very interesting one only the other day where I had been sent a selection of eight wines from Taboadella (Portugal) and sat through the flight tasting with the owner and winemaker. I also enjoyed very much Jonathan Pedley’s live taste through a selection of wines from Crown Cellars, Jonathan carrying a lot more facial hair!
A big positive to the industry that we have not rested on our laurels and instead have done our best to unite the world with fine wines virtually.
Glass of Bubbly have also played their part and following an invitation by Prosecco DOC Consortium we have been planning our live broadcast with eight producers from the region. A first for Prosecco DOC Consortium and with our co-host Neil Phillips (UK Brand Ambassador) we were able to taste through a range of fine Prosecco DOC examples from the following wineries:
- Astoria – Prosecco DOC Treviso Extra Dry “Galìe” – Find out more here
- La Marca – Prosecco DOC Treviso Brut “Millage” – Find out more here
- BiancaVigna – Prosecco DOC Brut – Find out more here
- Vicicoltori Ponte – Prosecco DOC Treviso Extra Dry – Find out more here
- Villa Sandi – Prosecco DOC Organic Brut “Il Fresco” – Find out more here
- Val D’Oca – Prosecco DOC Treviso Millesimato Extra Dry “Cru Millesimato” – Find out more here
- La Rughe – Prosecco DOC Brut – Find out more here
- Riccardo – Prosecco DOC Treviso Brut – Find out more here
- Grana Padano Cheese – Find out more here
With the wines in front of us and Zoom invitations out we were prepared to go live on the inaugural Prosecco DOC tastings along with eight representatives from the eight wineries – Everyone live, everyone tested on video / audio, 6pm upon us and the viewers were starting to join us so it was time to start the show:
Co-founder of Glass of Bubbly. Journalist and author focused on Champagne & Sparkling Wines and pairing them with foods.