How to Make A Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Cocktail
31st October 2019
As it’s Halloween, it’s very fitting to whip yourself up a nice Halloween themed cocktail whether it’s with your partner or with some friends, this cocktail will be sure to put a smile on their faces.
Halloween or Hallowe’en, also known as Allhalloween, All Hallows’ Eve, or All Saints’ Eve, is celebrated in several countries on the 31st of October.
Here are a couple of Halloween facts you might not know:
- The first Jack O’Lanterns were actually made from turnips.
- Samhainophobia is the fear of Halloween.
- According to Irish legend, Jack O’Lanterns are named after a stingy man named Jack who, because he tricked the devil several times, was forbidden entrance into both heaven and hell. He was condemned to wander the Earth, waving his lantern to lead people away from their paths.
- The famous magician Harry Houdini died on October 31, 1926.
- Owls are popular Halloween symbols. In medieval times, owls were believed to be witches, and if you heard the call of an owl it meant that someone was about to die.
A little about the Sparkling Rosé I used.
La Leccia BOH Sparkling Brut Rosé is from the Italian region of Tuscany, this Sparkling Wine won a Silver Medal in the Hint of Spice Category in the World’s Finest Glass of Bubbly Awards 2019.
Tasting Notes: “A light mixture of red berries and spices on the nose. Touch dry, powerful in the mouth.” Click To See Full Review.
How To Make Your Very Own Jack-O-Lantern Cocktail
The only essentials are:
- Orange Juice
- An Orange
- And a Lime
The rest is really up to you.
In my version, I decided to have La Leccia BOH Sparkling Brut Rosé with some orange juice, I then placed an orange wheel in the glass then cut out a piece of lime and placed it on top.
Tasting Notes: “A delightful smell of fresh orange on the nose with a lovely hint of lime. The taste delivers orange flavours with hints of spice coming through, the combination creates an elegant easy to drink cocktail that I’d recommend giving a try.”
Even if you don’t make it exactly the same as me, it’s a cool Halloween drink to experiment with, you can try it with different Sparkling Wines and even add in some stronger spirits like a Gin or Vodka.
Journalist focused on sharing Champagne and Sparkling Wine reviews and cocktails to the world.