How to Make Home Made Champagne Ice Cream!
10th August 2016
How can you treat yourself and your guests any better than by offering them a glass of Champagne? Well, now I think you can really build up your popularity points by offering them Champagne ice cream and the beauty of this little trick is that you can do it from home and it is easy to make! OK, so I will get some people saying ‘what a waste of Champagne‘, but it is my Champagne isn’t it and what if I wish to indulge in some delicious fizzy ice cream!?
So, easy to make and best of all you only need a quick pop down to your local grocery store and you will have all the ingredients you need to make this very tempting recipe. So, let’s get on with it and see how it’s done:
You will need:
- Two good sized glasses of Champagne (one for you to enjoy whilst preparing the recipe and the other as the ingredient).
- 1 x lemon
- 1 tub of whipping cream
- 1 glass of fresh milk
- 2 heaped tablespoons of caster sugar
- Two egg yolks
How to make Champagne ice cream:
- Use the lemon to scrap some of it’s rind into a saucepan
- Add to it the cup of milk, caster sugar and the two egg yolks
- Stir on a medium heat until the mixture just starts to boil, then leave to cool down (at this point you can sieve out the lemon rind, though we prefer to leave them in as they give that little bit of zest)
- Take a freezable container and add the now cooled down mixture to it
- Pour the glass of Champagne Doyard Mahé in to the mixture
- Add half a glass of whipped cream in to the mixture and then stir
- Place the container into your freezer and leave for two hours or until the mixture just start to show signs of setting
- Take out the container and mix, then replace in to freezer (repeat this once more an hour later)
- Approx 8 hours you will need to leave in total so that you have ice cream you can serve (this will depend on the freezer settings you have)
- Take out and serve (you can add a scoop to a glass of Champagne if you wish)
There you go, simple isn’t it yet Champagne ice cream will be a great surprise at any party!
Another great option, that will spice up any party are Champagne slushies, you can easily make them with a slurpee machine.
Want to make Champagne sorbet? Find out more here.
Glass of Bubbly
Executive editor of news content for the website Please enjoy the articles that we share - We hope you find our love for Champagne & Sparkling Wines both interesting and educational.