New President Appointed for the Prosecco DOC Consortium

7th June 2024

Prosecco DOC consortium

3 vice presidents and the members of the Presidential Committee also announced

Recent speculations about the new Board of Directors of the Prosecco DOC Consortium have finally settled with a straightforward discussion, resulting in the unanimous appointment of the President, Vice Presidents, and an extensive Presidential Committee that will assist the President in his duties.

Giancarlo Guidolin, President of Cantina Viticoltori Ponte and Council member of the Consortium since its founding, will lead the Prosecco DOC Denomination for the next three years. He will be supported by three Vice Presidents: Alessandro Botter, Giangiacomo Gallarati Scotti Bonaldi, and Mattia Mattiuzzo.

“There’s not much to say,” remarked the new President, Guidolin. “It’s all about hard work! This commitment will continue the unprecedented achievements made in recent years in the history of enology. We understand that such an event is unlikely to happen again. In this regard, allow me to thank, first and foremost, the former president Stefano Zanette, with whom we have shared the journey that has brought us to today. I also want to extend a heartfelt thank you to the Boards of Directors that have succeeded each other since the Consortium’s inception, for creating the conditions for Prosecco DOC to become the reality we now see before us. Finally, I sincerely thank the Board that appointed me today, and together with the capable offices of the Consortium, I plan to work over the next three years to consolidate the results achieved so far. Our primary focus will be on enhancing the perception of the Denomination and strengthening the product-territory connection.”

“Our priorities,” Guidolin concluded, “aligned with the expectations of the entire supply chain, including grape growers and bottlers who have contributed to the success of this denomination, continue to be: maintaining production quality, ensuring sustainability, and focusing on consumers and the local communities to which we are deeply connected.”


  • Giancarlo Guidolin

Vice Presidents:

  • Alessandro Botter
  • Giangiacomo Gallarati Scotti Bonaldi
  • Mattia Mattiuzzo

Members of the Presidential Committee:

  • Alessio Del Savio
  • Pierclaudio De Martin
  • Franco Passador
  • Giorgio Serena


The Prosecco Denomination of Controlled Origin (DOC) was established in 2009 from a union of viticulturists, winemakers, and bottlers across 9 provinces in Veneto (Treviso, Belluno, Padua, Venice, and Vicenza) and Friuli Venezia Giulia (Gorizia, Pordenone, Trieste, and Udine) to firmly link this wine to its territory of origin. The main goals of the Prosecco DOC Consortium are to ensure product quality, protect the consumer, and enhance production through the promotion and protection of the ‘Prosecco’ designation in Italy and worldwide. Specific developments and marketing strategies have been implemented over the years, proving successful and certainly contributing to making Prosecco the most famous sparkling wine internationally. Today, Prosecco DOC is the best-selling sparkling wine in the world, with 616 million bottles produced in 2023. Of these, 18.8% are consumed in Italy, while the remaining 81.2% are exported (USA, UK, Germany, and France are the primary markets).

Glass of Bubbly Content

Content shared by this account is either news shared free by third parties or sponsored (paid for) content from third parties. Please be advised that links to third party websites are not endorsed by Glass of Bubbly Ltd - Please do your own research before committing to any third party business promoted on our website.