8th August 2020
How convenient would it be if you had a little cooler bag with a few cups or cans of Sparkling Wine in, so you could just whip one out to enjoy, while at the beach, watching the sunset, with some friends or for a quick celebration.
MiniVino has made this easy for you to do, they offer 5 different wines, 2 sparkling and 3 still, which are all suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- White Fizz in a can 200mls
- Rosé Fizz in a can 200mls
- Refreshing Rosé in a cup 200mls
- Mouth Watering Merlot in a cup 200mls
- Crisp Chardonnay in a cup 200mls
They say these are perfect for ‘On the go occasions’
They’re nothing fancy, you’re not getting the finest of quality here, this is simply a handy way of taking some Sparkling Wine out to enjoy with a friend, I wouldn’t recommend taking these with you on a date, as we all know popping the Cork is half the fun.
Any bubbly placed in a can or cup is given a mountain to climb, you’re going for convenience over magic, but we’ll see how they taste a little further down.
MiniVino conducted a national research that revealed since lockdown restrictions have eased, one in three (34%) people plan to visit their friends or family for a quiet catch up at their home, and just under one in four (24%) are planning a trip to the beach, or a picnic away from home.
The research also shines a light on the impact that Covid-19 has had on consumers’ attitudes towards hygiene:
- Most people are more likely to take their own food and drink than wear a face mask when visiting friends
- A third (33%) of people would feel anxious about the cleanliness of cups and glassware when socialising at someone else’s home
- Over a quarter (27%) have concerns about the safety of sharing drinks poured from the same bottle
- 1 in 4 people surveyed would take their own plates or glassware if meeting people from another household away from home
This research was conducted by MiniVino.
White Fizz Tasting Notes
Aroma – “Slightly creamy aroma with hints of ripe peach and white blossom.”
Taste – “The taste is very concentrated, all the flavours are packed in a small box, which when you open, you get powerful yellow fruits, including apricot and then gooseberries.”
Rosé Fizz Tasting Notes
Aroma – “Strawberry and raspberry aromas.”
Taste – “Strawberries, dark red cherries with a hint of cream, giving you a slight strawberry and cream sensation.”
Both of these canned Sparkling Wines were better than I originally expected them to be, they still don’t compare to a bottle of bubbly, but they can be enjoyed on a convenient outing with family or friends, both cans are on the slightly sweeter side, a little acidic, but as I said, they can be enjoyed.
Journalist focused on sharing Champagne and Sparkling Wine reviews and cocktails to the world.