The Grinch Fizz Cocktail
11th December 2019
“You’re A Mean One Mr. Grinch”
Have you ever heard of How the Grinch Stole Christmas? Maybe you have or maybe you haven’t, but have you ever heard how to make a Fizzy Grinch Cocktail?
Created by Dr. Seuss, The Grinch is a fictional character that first appeared in ‘The Hoobub and the Grinch’ in May 1955, but the first time we saw the Grinch dressed in his Santa suit and stealing Christmas was in one of Dr. Seuss’s books released in 1957, ‘How the Grinch Stole Christmas!’ ever since then the Grinch has kept popping up and reminding us of what Christmas is truly about.
“You’re as charming as an eel, Mr. Grinch”
The Grinch has made appearances in multiple entertainment industry’s, including:
- The first time The Grinch appeared on TV was on December 18th 1966 in How the Grinch Stole Christmas, the Grinch was voiced by Boris Karloff.
- Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas! The Musical, first performed in November 1994.
- The Grinch Video Game released in 2000 for the PlayStation, Game Boy, Dreamcast and Microsoft Windows.
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas featuring Jim Carrey as the Grinch, the film was released on November 15th 2000.
- Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch featuring Benedict Cumberbatch as the Grinch, this is currently the latest film about the Grinch, this was released on November 9th 2018.
“You’re a monster, Mr. Grinch”
Schlumberger Grüner Veltliner Brut
Tasting Notes – “Citrus, green apple and yellow apple skins on the nose. Zesty citrus with green fruits in flavour. A Bronze Medal Winner in the ‘Summer Days‘ Category at The World’s Finest Glass of Bubbly Awards 2019.”
Pothecary Gin Thai Blend
Tasting Notes – “Pothecary produce a great selection of gins, this Limited Edition Thai blend gives zesty tropical fruits with a variety of spices in flavour.”
Innocent Wonder Green
Tasting Notes – “Innocent make a range of 100% fruit and vegetable smoothies and juice. The Wonder Green is full of flavour of cucumber and green fruits, including pears and green apples with just a hint of ginger.”
Tasting Notes – “Teisseire are famous in France for their range of sirops. The grenadine is sweet and full of red berry fruits such as strawberries and raspberries”
How To Make A Fizzy Grinch Cocktail
- First, pour in a shot of gin, I’ve gone for the Pothecary Thai Blend Gin.
- Second, pour in half a glass of the green juice, I’ve gone for an Innocent Wonder Green Juice.
- Third, you’ll want to get yourself a bottle of sparkling wine, I’ve gone for the Schlumberger Grüner Veltliner Brut and fill the rest of the glass.
- Fourth and finally to give it a little redness, pour in a little Grenadine, this will fall to the bottom of the glass.
Cocktail Tasting Notes – “This is a very refreshing easy to drink fizz cocktail with green fruits, soft herbal notes and freshly cut grass aromas. The flavour is full of green fruits with a hint of spice from the Gin and the Sparkling Wine bringing it all together, the cocktail ends with a mouthful of sweetness from the grenadine when you take your last couple of sips.”
“Merry Christmas Mr. Grinch”
Journalist focused on sharing Champagne and Sparkling Wine reviews and cocktails to the world.