Watermelon Fizz Cocktail
5th March 2021
The Watermelon, scientifically known as the ‘Citrullus Lanatus’ is a very healthy and completely edible fruit which we are going to be enjoying with some Sparkling Wine in a Cocktail.
What Did You Know About The Watermelon?
- The Watermelon is both a fruit and a vegetable, it is normally grown around vegetables like cucumber, squash, and pumpkins.
- Watermelons are 92% water.
- Japan learned how to grow Watermelons in unique shapes and have been doing so for over 40 years, such as cubes, pyramids, hearts and faces
- In the past explorers used watermelons like water bottles to hold liquids.
- The first time a watermelon was ever mentioned was in Egypt, 5,000 years ago, we are yet to find anything older.
The Sparkling Wine – Codice Citra
Citra was founded in 1973 and has 6,000 hectares of vineyards, that produce several different Sparkling Wines.
Codice Citra – Rino Pecorino Tasting Notes
Aroma – “Spring Fling, floral aromas and green apple juices on the aroma.”
Flavour – “Soft floral and green fruit flavours.”
This Italian Sparkling Wine Won a Bronze Medal in the Spring Fling Category at The World’s Finest Glass of Bubbly Awards 2020.
The Cocktail – The Sweet Watermelon
- Sparkling Wine
- Simple Syrup
How To Make The Sweet Watermelon Cocktail
- Dip the rim of your glass in water and then place watermelon sugar or in normal sugar.
- Place several slices of Watermelon into your glass.
- Pour in 20mls of Vodka.
- Add 40mls of Simple Syrup.
- Then top up with your Sparkling Wine.
Aroma – “Subtle fresh watermelon aromas.”
Flavour – “Sweet and delightful, the sugar rim invites you in and then you are greeted with a delicate watermelon sweetness and a subtle floral touch from the Sparkling Wine. This cocktail is very easy and enjoyable drink for any watermelon fan.”
Champagne and Sparkling Wine Writer, Focused on Bringing the Exciting and Fascinating World of Bubbly to You.