Watermelon Fizz Cocktail
5th March 2021
The Watermelon, scientifically known as the ‘Citrullus Lanatus’ is a very healthy and completely edible fruit which we are going to be enjoying with some Sparkling Wine in a Cocktail.
What Did You Know About The Watermelon?
- The Watermelon is both a fruit and a vegetable, it is normally grown around vegetables like cucumber, squash, and pumpkins.
- Watermelons are 92% water.
- Japan learned how to grow Watermelons in unique shapes and have been doing so for over 40 years, such as cubes, pyramids, hearts and faces
- In the past explorers used watermelons like water bottles to hold liquids.
- The first time a watermelon was ever mentioned was in Egypt, 5,000 years ago, we are yet to find anything older.
The Sparkling Wine – Codice Citra
Citra was founded in 1973 and has 6,000 hectares of vineyards, that produce several different Sparkling Wines.
Codice Citra – Rino Pecorino Tasting Notes
Aroma – “Spring Fling, floral aromas and green apple juices on the aroma.”
Flavour – “Soft floral and green fruit flavours.”
This Italian Sparkling Wine Won a Bronze Medal in the Spring Fling Category at The World’s Finest Glass of Bubbly Awards 2020.
The Cocktail – The Sweet Watermelon
- Sparkling Wine
- Simple Syrup
How To Make The Sweet Watermelon Cocktail
- Dip the rim of your glass in water and then place watermelon sugar or in normal sugar.
- Place several slices of Watermelon into your glass.
- Pour in 20mls of Vodka.
- Add 40mls of Simple Syrup.
- Then top up with your Sparkling Wine.
Aroma – “Subtle fresh watermelon aromas.”
Flavour – “Sweet and delightful, the sugar rim invites you in and then you are greeted with a delicate watermelon sweetness and a subtle floral touch from the Sparkling Wine. This cocktail is very easy and enjoyable drink for any watermelon fan.”
WSET 2 Journalist focused on sharing Champagne and Sparkling Wine reviews and cocktails to the world.