Watermelon Mint Mimosa
9th September 2016
For the watermelon juice:
- 4 cups seedless watermelon cubes
- Juice from 2-3 limes
- Sugar or simple syrup to taste (optional, if you like it sweeter)
- Large bunch of mint
For the mimosa:
- Watermelon juice (above)
- Champagne or sparkling wine
- Mint & watermelon (for garnish)
- Blend watermelon, lime juice, and sugar or simple syrup (if using) and puree until smooth. Using a fine mesh strainer, strain to remove solids. Transfer to pitcher. Rub some of the mint leaves between your fingers to release oils and submerge in the watermelon mixture. Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
- To make mimosas: Remove mint from the mixture. Pour a little bit in a Champagne flute (about 1/3 of the glass) and top with Champagne. Garnish with sprig of mint and a small watermelon slice.
Glass of Bubbly
Executive editor of news content for the website Please enjoy the articles that we share - We hope you find our love for Champagne & Sparkling Wines both interesting and educational.