Christmas Movie Cocktails – Gremlins
18th December 2020
Gremlins, the classic comedy horror film was released on the 8th of June 1984 (USA) and the 7th of December 1984 (UK) the film made $153,630,726 in the world wide office.
Then 6 years later, Gremlins 2: The New Batch was released on the 15th of June 1990 (USA) and the 27th of July 1990 (UK) the film had a budget of about $50 million and made $41,482,207 in the box office.
Gremlins – Did You Know?
1. The Gremlins were very expensive animatronic puppets, which took a big chunk out of the film’s budget, so to make sure that they weren’t stolen, security would ask the cast and crew to open their car boots to check that they hadn’t stolen anything.
2. ‘Mogwai’ is a Cantonese Chinese word, which means devil, demon, or gremlin.
3. The movie theatre that blows up in the film was the same theatre that Marty McFly drove the DeLorean into at the end of Back to the Future.
4. Zach Galligan who played Billy Peltzer and Phoebe Cates who played Kate Beringer, acted in both Gremlins films.
5. Phoebe Cates was genuinely scared of the Gremlins, so she made sure that she spent as little time around them as possible.
6. They atempted to have monkeys play the Gremlins, but scrapped the idea after a test monkey panicked when they put a gremlin head on it.
Enjoy A Glass of Badagoni This Christmas
Badagoni’s story starts in the east of Georgia in 2006, they have one of the most advanced wineries in the whole of Eastern Europe with them able to produce 6,000 bottles of still and sparkling wine in just 1 hour, even with all the technology they still remain very passionate to their Georgian traditions when it comes to making wine.
Badagoni – Brut Tasting Notes
Aroma – “Very similar to an aroma from a glera wine with added herbaceous notes on the nose.”
Flavours – “This signifies perfectly a light and fruity wine, with ripe fruit flavours and bruised pear.”
This Georgia Sparkling Wine Won the Trophy in the Light & Fruity Category at The World’s Finest Glass of Bubbly Awards 2020.
The Christmas Movie Cocktail
- Sparkling Wine
- Lime Juice
- Lime zest
How To Make
- Take a couple of peices of Chocolate and melt it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Wait a couple of minutes for the Chocolate to cool down slightly, then dip the rim of your glass into the chocolate and let it set.
- Pour in 30mls of Gin.
- 10-15mls of Lime Juice.
- Top up with Sparkling Wine.
- Place a Lime Zest on the rim of the glass to finish.
Aroma – “Chocolate and lime aroma.”
Flavours – “An initial calming experience in the mouth, a delicate touch from the chocolate rim, a elegant fizzy touch from the sparkling wine, the gin then serves to deliver the kick with the lime juice for a zesty finish.”
Have A Merry Christmas
WSET 2 Journalist focused on sharing Champagne and Sparkling Wine reviews and cocktails to the world.