How to send wine samples to the UK from the EU & Rest of the World
We always welcome samples from across the world though we please ask that you inform us before sending any wines.
For wines arriving to the UK via the EU / Rest of the World:
When sending sample wines for review, awards and tasting events, you are fully responsible for all the below:
• Paying all customs and excise duties and any import or export taxes and VAT due
• Paying any customs handling fees of freight forwarders and parcel courier services
• Export declaration from the originating country
• Import declaration into the UK
• Shipping costs and insurance
- Each shipment must be accompanied by an invoice drawn up by the shipper that states: “No commercial value, Value stated for Customs only, Not for sale purpose”. You must use our EORI number: GB236368688000
- All deliveries must clearly state: “Commercial samples of negligible value – relief claimed” on the box. “Commercial sample” must also be written on a wine label / sticker with a marker pen.
- Customs invoices drawn up by the shipper must state nominal values (1 euro, for example) for all samples irrespective of market value. Also, include litres and ABV of the wine and the correct commodity code of the wine consignment.
- You must tick / check the box on the form that states ‘sender to pay for all customs fees‘. Any parcels arriving at our office with excess custom fees charges will be refused. Any excess fees that we may be charged will be forwarded on to the sender.
Please send all samples to:
Glass of Bubbly LTD
45 Arnold Road
Clacton on Sea
Tel: 0044 (0)7917 434943
Contact name: Christopher Walkey
We politely ask, if and where possible, that wines are sent via recyclable packaging and to avoid the likes of plastics and polystyrene.