Peach Fizz Cocktail
4th March 2021
The Prunus persica, otherwise and more commonly known as ‘the peach’ is a native fruit from Northwest China where it was first domesticated and cultivated.
What Do You Know About The Peach?
- A Peachtree has a life cycle of 15 years, it starts growing fruit in the third year, but only a small amount.
- 978,260 tons of peaches are grown in The United States each year.
- There are only 38 calories in a medium sized peach.
- The Romans had their own word for Peaches, they called them ‘Persian Apples’ they named them after the country that introduced them to the west.
- The English, Spanish and French all played an important part in introducing the Peach to the world. The English took the peach to Jamestown and Massachusetts, the Spanish took the peach to South America and the French took the peach to Louisiana. The Italian explorer Christopher Columbus also took the peach on his 2nd and 3rd voyages to America.
The Sparkling Wine – Vilarnau
Vilarnau is located just a short drive from the cosmopolitan city of Barcelona with the Mediterranean sea just 30 kilometres away and at 250 metres above sea level location, The Vilarnau is a Cava house that specialises in the production of niche high quality Cava with a wide range of flavours to be explored.
Vilarnau is also very conscious about the footprint they leave on the planet, so they aim to make as little impact as possible, they make their living from the land, so they look after and nurture it the best way they can, they say it’s in their DNA to do so.
You can find out more about Vilarnau in this article: A visit to Cava Vilarnau by Christopher Walkey
Vilarnau – Rosé Tasting Notes
Aroma – “Raspberry, herbal, petrol and hay on the aroma.”
Flavour – “Raspberry, yeasty, herbal and spices on the tongue.”
This Cava won a Silver Medal in the Hint of Spice Category at The World’s Finest Glass of Bubbly Awards 2020.
The Cocktail – Fizzy Peach Smoothie
- Mirabeau Rose Gin
How To Make The Fizzy Peach Smoothie Cocktail
- Dip the rim of your glass in water and then place in peach sugar or normal sugar.
- Blend one Peach with 50mls of Water and 1 teaspoon of Sugar.
- Pour your Peach Purée into your glass.
- Add in 25mls of Mirabeau Rose Gin.
- Chop up half of a Peach into slices and place into your glass.
- Then top up with your Cava or other Sparkling Wine.
Aroma – “Fresh peach, garden foliage, including nettles with alcohol smoothie characteristics and a sweetness from the rim.”
Flavour – “Dryer style of cocktail, yet each ingredient is expressed well with the added peach sugar on the rim giving that touch of sweetness on the lips and palate, it’s very smoothie-like with hints of green herbs and some spices.”
WSET 2 Journalist focused on sharing Champagne and Sparkling Wine reviews and cocktails to the world.