Raspberry Prosecco Trifle
15th July 2022
Get ready for a delicious treat, combining Prosecco, Raspberries, Sponge Fingers, Custard and Cream together for a wonderful dessert to enjoy after dinner or in the garden during the summer.
We aren’t just going to be enjoying a glass of Prosecco with this dessert pairing, we’ll also be including it in the trifle, scroll on down to the recipe to discover how.
Discover The Prosecco
The vineyards of Casa Gheller are located in the Trevisan hills in the famous Valdobbiadene area, which is well known for the production of Prosecco.
Casa Gheller – Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore DOCG Extra Dry – Italy
Aroma 👃 “Golden fruits, yellow fruits, yellow stone fruits and floral notes, including honeysuckle on the aroma.”
Flavour 👅 “Apricot, peach, honeysuckle, floral, white and green pear on the palate.”
Bronze Medal in the Summer Days Category at the Glass of Bubbly Awards 2021
How To Make Your Own Prosecco and Raspberry Trifle
- Sponge Fingers
How To Make A Prosecco and Raspberry Trifle
- Soak the raspberries in some Prosecco.
- Boil 250ml of Prosecco in a pan until it reduces to about 50ml and leave to cool.
- Whip up 300ml double Cream with 50g Icing Sugar to soft peaks.
- Add in the cooled Prosecco syrup.
- At the bottom of your Trifle bowl, or individual glass dishes add sponge fingers and drizzle over some Prosecco.
- Add some Prosecco raspberries
- Pour over some custard, then add some Prosecco cream.
- Repeat the layers and decorate with raspberries.
- Leave to set in the fridge for a few hours before serving and enjoy!
Pairing Notes – “Prosecco was used plentifully in the creation of this Raspberry Prosecco Trifle, the addition of more Prosecco isn’t unwelcome, it enhances those subtle green and yellow fruit flavours that hid in the trifle thanks to the existing Prosecco, the only thing you’ll be asking for is another bite, a glorious use of Prosecco and a wonderful Pairing.”
Champagne and Sparkling Wine Writer, Focused on Bringing the Exciting and Fascinating World of Bubbly to You.