Surprising Foods which have more Calories than a Glass of Champagne
5th July 2016
Just how many calories are in a glass of Champagne? Well this is very hard to give an exact answer to as there are many varieties of Champagne and there are many sizes of glasses! I would say that the average amount would be around 85 calories for the average sized glass, so let us take a look at some everyday foods that actually have more calories than that glass you are about to enjoy in your hand:
- Banana. A medium sized banana will have an average of 115 calories.
- Low Fat Strawberry Yoghurt. An average 100g serving will have 100 calories.
- Baked Potato. A 100g sized potato will average around 96 calories.
- Honey. Two table spoons will cost you 130 calories.
- Plain Fairy Cake. An average sized fairy cake (minus that icing!) will be 90 calories.
- Coca-Cola. There are 90 calories in a can of Classic Coca-Cola.
- Rasher of Bacon. 86 calories is what you are in for if you go for a slice of bacon.
- White Rice. A cup of white rice will cost you 200 calories.
- Gin and Tonic. A glass of gin and tonic will average around 140 calories.
- Olive Oil. A tablespoon will have 120 calories.
- Orange Juice. There will be 110 calories in a cup of orange juice.
- Packet of Crisps. Your average packet of ready salted crisps will have around 130 calories per 25g serving.
All calorie counts above are averages and should not be used as part of a calorie controlled diet!
Co-founder of Glass of Bubbly. Journalist and author focused on Champagne & Sparkling Wines and pairing them with foods.