The English 75 Cocktail
18th December 2019
There’s a popular Cocktail called the French 75 which normally includes Champagne, Gin, Lemon Juice and Sugar or Syrup but there’s another 75 Cocktail out there, called The English 75, in this cocktail the ingredients are similar, you just swap out the Champagne for some English Fizz.
The English Sparkling Wine I’ve gone for is a bottle of Woodchurch Classic Cuvée Brut 2015.
Tasting Notes – “Ripe green apples and pears on the nose with a touch of citrus. Sweet citrus flavours.”
A Bronze Medal Winner in the Zesty & Zingy Category in The World’s Finest Glass of Bubbly Awards 2019.
“Genius Is Found In Simplicity” they are the words that you will find on every page on the website of Black Bottle Distillery, they create English Gin at a smart level, IQ Gin produce from a wash base, that they ferment from malted barley, this is a longer and more labour intense process that they believe creates a finer more unique Gin.
Tasting Notes – ” White pepper, juniper and coriander, it’s very punchy, very expressive and positively memorable.”
Making The English 75
- Grab yourself a glass and start by pouring a shot of Gin.
- Squeeze in the juice from half a lemon
- Add in some sugar or simple syrup (simple syrup is made by getting a small saucepan, add in a cup of water and two dessert spoons of sugar, bring to a boil, stir until the sugar dissolves and then leave to cool)
- Then fill up with English Sparkling Wine.
- And then to finish it off, cut a thin slice of lemon and place it onto the side of your glass.
Cocktail Tasting Notes
The English 75 Tasting Notes – “This is a real citrus lovers delight with its sweet citrus aroma and flavour. The sugar takes the edge of the zesty citrus flavours, somewhat softening the Cocktail, the Gin expresses itself towards the end.”
Champagne and Sparkling Wine Writer, Focused on Bringing the Exciting and Fascinating World of Bubbly to You.