Strawberry Fizz Cocktail
9th April 2021
With Summer approaching the one thing that can always bring a smile to someone’s face is a good drink, a good cocktail, a good fizz cocktail.
- Strawberries are the first fruit to ripen in the spring.
- A single average strawberry can contain around 200 seeds.
- One acre of land can produce 50,000 pounds of strawberries.
- American’s and Canadian’s love strawberries, you can find strawberries being grown in every U.S. state and Canadian province.
- Over 90% of American households consume strawberries.
- Ancient Romans believed strawberries had medical powers, they used the berries to treat everything from depression to fainting to fever, kidney stones, bad breath and sore throats.
The Sparkling Wine – Schlumberger
With a history dating back to 1842, Schlumberger has Austria’s oldest and biggest sparkling wine cellar. In 1850 Schlumberger started to get known for its red wines, so to help with the growing popularity, Robert imported the French grape varieties Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot into Austria for the very first time. With over 200 years of history, Schlumberger decided to honor Robert, with a limited 5,000 bottle release of their Great Reserve 2015 vintage.
You can learn more about Schlumberger’s interesting history here: Schlumberger was once known as an Austrian Champagne? and take a trip around the world here: Tasting Vintage Sparkling Wines From Around The World – 2015
Schlumberger – Rosé Brut Klassik Tasting Notes
Aroma – “Strawberry and raspberry aromas.”
Flavour – “Touch dry, creamy strawberry flavours.”
This Austrian Sparkling Wine Won a Silver Medal in the Frist Date Category at The World’s Finest Glass of Bubbly Awards 2020.
The Cocktail – The Strawberry Candy Store
- Sparkling Wine
- Srawberry Sugar
- Strawberry & Cream Gin Liqueur (Manchester Drinks Co)
- Strawberry Purée
How To Make The Strawberry Candy Store Cocktail
- Dip the rim of your glass in water and then place in your strawberry or normal sugar.
- Blend together 75mls of water, 2 teaspoons of sugar and either 4 big or 6 medium sized strawberries.
- Pour your strawberry purée into your glass.
- Pour in 25mls of strawberry & cream gin liqueur.
- Top up with your Sparkling Wine.
- Place a strawberry on the rim of your glass and enjoy this strawberry cocktail.
Aroma – “Fresh strawberry aroma with sugary notes.”
Flavour – “A delicate and sweet strawberry tasting experience with a creaminess joining the palate, it is light and easy to drink with a Fizzines from the perfect sparkling wine. Rose/strawberry expression that has a candy style from bubblegum to glazed fruits.”
WSET 2 Journalist focused on sharing Champagne and Sparkling Wine reviews and cocktails to the world.